View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ so the tower crane they have erected is only for the demolition of an atrium and some random left over skywalks? really?

that's an awfully expensive tool for that kind of job; i assumed the tower crane had to be for the construction of the the new project.

oh well, my bad for jumping the gun apparently. i'll move it back to the proposals forum for now.
I am on the email list for NM updates. This came out recently.
Quote:
Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons: Construction & Travel Update

Mason Street Lane Closures

Nov. 8 – 22

From Saturday, Nov. 8, to Saturday, Nov. 22, the two southern lanes of Mason Street will be closed from Prospect Avenue to Marshall Street to accommodate more sewer main work. There will be no parking on the north side of Mason Street in that area while the lanes are closed. Northwestern Mutual’s downtown campus parking structure and the Cudahy Towers parking garage and surface lot will not be affected by the lane closures.

Week of Nov. 16

Mason Street will be closed completely from Cass Street to Marshall the week of November 16 so crews can install the tower crane that will help deconstruct our south building atrium. Northwestern Mutual employees will still be able to enter the parking structure from Mason. Both entry gates of the structure will be accessible. This section of the street should be reopened by Monday, Nov. 24.

Also, since the closure will block off Mason in front of the company’s north office building, parking spaces will be blocked off on the west side of Marshall and at Cass and Wells so people can be picked up and dropped off there. To learn more about Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons, please visit our official website: http://www.northwesternmutual.com/BuildingMKE