Thread: Globetrekking
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 5:42 PM
Kicking it Viking style..

^in parts of China as well as Japan it's hard to come by 'Pepsi Max'.. and not being a fan of regular 'Coca Cola', I find 'Coca Cola Plus' to be the closest thing to Pepsi..

The cola itself is normal brown it's just the plastic that the bottle is wrapped with that are white

As for the photo the bottle is just there for scale of the wee critter in the photo..

It was actually quite interesting me and my gf had been hiking through the jungle on Lantau Island before, but that was in late winter - it was green and lush back then too, but turns out that in summer, the place is absolutely overrun with those huge spiders - they were absolutely everywhere, so the reason I had the bottle in hand was actually to create a path through the spiderwebs ( and spiders ) on our hike across the island..

When we finally reached the coast and found a small beach we thought we could relax a bit ( I'm not one to let fear control me, but I do have a tad of arachnophobia, so making my way through a forest of spiders did affect me a tad.. )..
Anyways as soon as we got out of the jungle and onto the small beach and thought we could relax and I could get my heart-rate down a bit, we saw something crawl towards us from the forest, initially I thought it to be a crab, but nope just another spider and this one was following us to the point where I finally had to kick sand in it's face several times to make it leave us alone

And speaking of getting chased on a beach, I was chased by wild dogs on a nearby island... but that is a tale for another day..

Happy halloween folks!

Last edited by FREKI; Nov 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM.