View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
^^^The Cohen photos are great gsjansen.
I agree, great photos, gsjansen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Below are a couple more photos I had of the Samuel Rummel murder.

ucla
I gasped when I saw that picture. I didn't realize that this murder took place at that house on Laurel Canyon Blvd. I've been fascinated by that house ever since I was 18, when in college I made friends with a girl from North Hollywood, and when we'd hang out, we'd go from her house "over the hill" into Hollywood and beyond; but we'd get there by taking Laurel Canyon Blvd. and we'd pass by this huge Mediterranean-style mansion which in the late 1980s and well into the 1990s looked abandoned, complete with weeds; it always made me think of Norma Desmond's mansion in "Sunset Boulevard" and I would think of that line from the film that went something like "it was a huge mansion, the kind that crazy movie people built back in the crazy 20s..." I last drove by that house about a year or 2 ago and I assume someone does indeed live there now because it's all well-kept now, but somehow it looks tacky. I liked it better when it looked abandoned and run-down.

~ Charles Bukowski