View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Well, we got it used from someone we know. The full instruction booklet is missing, at least the one in English. I'm guessing I can order the booklet online or even download the instructions in PDF format? It does have the pocket guide, but I need to read more in depth.

I tried taking a photo of a flower over the weekend, and I was having trouble getting it to focus. I used the macro mode, and the tele-macro lens, but it never focused on it. I had to back away nearly 2 feet just to get it to focus. That can't be right, because my Nikon L820 can do it right up close.

Having a telephoto lens for long range shots is good, because it's something I do a lot anyway is take photos of the skyline from far off.
Some lenses have a minimum focusing distance. So this is probably correct. Thats a solid start up set. As soon as you can go pick up a 50mm f1.8. You can use the 50mm for portraits and low light shooting. Real handy and real cheap, $100~ Eventually you can upgrade to a tamron 17-50 f2.8. This would be an ideal lenses for what I see you do most of the time. You could get wide angle shots and some zoom too. Definitely a must have lenses size for a crop sensor. But your going to have to start doing some reading on how to use a dslr. You can hone things manually and get way cooler shots that you would have before with your point and click. You'll like it once you figure out what is going on. Be patient, it will take a while for the initial learning curve. YOu can check out thephotographyforum.com. lots of good stuff to study with there.

My Book