View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMadre View Post
I have no info on this photo...
I have many photos from this era, but I am concerned that some may have been posted before. I'll try to stick with the more obscure ones, but on some blogs they tear your head off for reposting a photo, even though there may be hundreds of pages of posts before your join up...
I guess you'll let me know real fast if that's the case here.

THROW HIM TO THE LIONS!

Well, I've seen everything posted here from the beginning--which doesn't mean your picture hasn't been posted before--but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it, SM. And I know I've posted a few pics that have been posted before, and I may very well even have posted my some of my own pics more than once! Who can remember all of them, really. Besides, every image here bears repeating.

Aside from all that-- I wondered about the TAIX sign below City Hall--I know there was a Taix French Bread Company in LA at one time--but it turns out that there was the Taix French Restaurant (same family as the bread company) at 321 Commercial Street, "two blocks east of post office." I'm surprised not to find it listed on latimemachines.com old-restaurant/bar list, though.