View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2020, 4:37 PM
recession proof

Driving all over Ontario this year I noticed many market gardens and bakeries from Windsor-Essex to Chatham-Kent, between Glen Morris and Simcoe, north of Orillia, around Lindsay-Peterborough and of course around Owen Sound-Chesley, Stratford-London-Strathroy etc. They're everywhere. If you're lazy then yes Tim's may seem to be the only option but many towns have indie coffee shops with local bakeries around -- I always carefully plan my excursions in Google Maps looking at interesting cafes, gluten free options etc. In fact you normies have thousands of options vs us celiacs. That's why I prefer Bracebridge and Orillia to Parry Sound/Gravenhurst/Huntsville - because their gluten free bakeries are awesome. I noticed in small towns with Foodlands you often have great-looking prepackaged donuts. In Chatham the Dutch Market has tasty baked goods ... obviously they're poison to me. Zehrs Country Market in Millbank has two locations near Bayfield and Grand Bend - I love their farmer's sausage and used to enjoy their pies etc. Then there's the "ethnic" bakeries - Portuguese donuts are fantastic. Also used to love the Filipino ensaymada.