View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 10:51 PM

Brevoort Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDiego View Post

Hotel Brevoort, circa 1939/1940
martinturnbull.com/hollywoodplaces

Recent photos show the run-down looking Brevoort still with its "hotel" sign out front, although I don't find references to it online as a working hotel or apartment building. Perhaps someone here knows the answer. It is listed at a City of Los Angeles site as "rooming house/apartment hotel/transient lodging." On a facebook blog discussing the hotel, a writer says (paraphrased) "I lived here for a few months around 2000...incredible energy...dripping with the past...it was full of vagabonds and being run by a ...very old, angry, forgotten film actor from the 40's or 50's."

Hotel Brevoort today
apartments.com

View from 2nd floor balcony, Hotel Brevoort
flickr.com
I'm not sure what goes on behind the 1927 Brevoort. Do they still offer "Cabanas En El Jardin Tropical"?

flickr

"If you followed that dream, tried to find it on the map, you might find yourself, in the '50s, living near the corner of Lexington and Vine, in an old Spanish-style hotel, the Brevoort--three stories, maybe 36 rooms, a two-story lobby with a Spanish "tapestry" painted right onto a wall. The Brevoort had seen better days in the '20s, when Gary Cooper (it was said) had taken lady friends to several of the tiny bungalows out back, and swum in the Brevoort's walled plunge."
- LAT

gsv

google maps

Pretty building. No architect listed on the permit.

Excellent PicoDeGallo. That's it.

Last edited by tovangar2; Apr 6, 2017 at 12:47 AM.