View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
It does looks like the house was at the center of a larger piece of property, set well back from Pasadena Ave. before Ave 30 was cut through. It's now 123 W Ave 30 in the "J W Robinson Tract" (aka Tract 2181). City records indicate 1893 as a build date. I suppose Robinson could be who once lived in the house--though on a cursory look I couldn't find anything to place a J W Robinson at a Pasadena Ave location--not the department-store man whose house we've seen here before, or any other J W Robinson. Anyway, in poking around this morning I did notice a Mrs. J E Betzhold across Ave 30 at #124...none other than the mother of telephone-operator-turned-Mrs. Edward Doheny. She lived in the little blue house in the picture below ca 1900.

Thanks for digging up the info, GaylordWilshire! I did notice how most of the house's neighbors look they were built not long after it. Really interesting to think that, based on the info you found, the house may have only sat alone for a few years before being surrounded with new development.