View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2013, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu View Post
As soon as I started talking about riding around Lincoln Heights in the 'Google mobile,' I started doing it and found a Victorian gem I've never seen or heard of before. You'll find it on Avenue 30, looming above all of the other, smaller houses surrounding it:

It's at approximately 125 Avenue 30, just around the corner from the house at 3130 Pasadena Avenue that E_R posted about. Looks like the side of the house fronts onto Avenue 30. I'm guessing it originally had a Pasadena Avenue address, and the land around it was subdivided at some point. Anyone know anything about this house?

It does looks like the house was at the center of a larger piece of property, set well back from Pasadena Ave. before Ave 30 was cut through. It's now 123 W Ave 30 in the "J W Robinson Tract" (aka Tract 2181). City records indicate 1893 as a build date. I suppose Robinson could be who once lived in the house--though on a cursory look I couldn't find anything to place a J W Robinson at a Pasadena Ave location--not the department-store man whose house we've seen here before, or any other J W Robinson. Anyway, in poking around this morning I did notice a Mrs. J E Betzhold across Ave 30 at #124...none other than the mother of telephone-operator-turned-Mrs. Edward Doheny. She lived in the little blue house in the picture below ca 1900.

Last edited by GaylordWilshire; Sep 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM.