View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 6:19 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
the urban horror that is the habitations jeanne-mance is directly responsible for the blight that is st cath east of st laurent. obviously, when the habitations are finally redeveloped, it'll need to be done in stages to keep the families there, but it has to be done. it's just a total planning failure.
Agree with everything.

The first step in fixing this nightmare should be redeveloping the lots bordering Maisonneuve. Building new buildings with heights ranging from 8-15 floors with shops on the first floor so that one can walk from Berri UQAM station to St-Laurent station while experiencing a concise urban narrative.

I used to work security for just for laughs (when it was still on St-Denis) and was posted on Sanguinet and Maisonneuve. I cannot count how many tourists simply avoided the area at night, not because its actually dangerous, but because it looks like a cold, empty fringe housing project from 1950's Bronx.

And to the travellers arriving to Montreal by bus (poor them), walking from the station centrale on Berri to their hotel somewhere in downtown must seem like a depressing experience, having to walk through HJM.