View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyment View Post
In the meantime, if anyone can think of Sunset Strip buildings that they have seen in a film or television series (particularly obscure titles, as I have exhausted the more obvious ones via IMDB), it would be immensely helpful. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I think you could post your screen grabs from the youtube videos, but that's my opinion only.

As for Sunset Strip scenes? I don't know if these will help, and I may not be too specific as I haven't seen these things at all recently, so don't hold me to anything, but:

...the film Man in the Vault has a car driving down Sunset Blvd. They pass the Mocambo nightclub. They also drive down to the Chateau Marmont Hotel and turn up Marmont Lane.

Model Shop is a 1969 Jacques Demy film that I believe has some scenes filmed on the strip.

So does Moment By Moment with Lily Tomlin. She does some shopping on the strip and also I believe she walks by or near Schwab's Drugstore. And, of course, John Travolta's name in this is "Strip"! Lol!

Bugsy has the lead characters going to Ciro's, though I don't know if the outside shots were stock footage or created on a soundstage.

I believe the credits of the TV series The Ugliest Girl in Town have shots on the strip near Horn Ave. and Holloway.

A scene from a first season episode of Southland has a scene shot on Sunset Blvd. in front of the round building, now painted green, that was originally built for a plastic surgeon in 1967. See this NLA post:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...ostcount=17775

There's an episode of The Andy Griffith Show where they go to Hollywood and drive down the strip showing various places. (I remember Dino's restaurant.)

Are these the kinds of things you mean?