View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 7:18 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
There's a lot of support to boulevard that alignment at ground surface (the depressed section), seems like Modot and whomever else isn't listening right now and they are going to put a big lid over the trench, which is a stupid waste of money in my opinion when they could just do it all right.

I have no real reason to not think that the Poplar Street Bridge wont pancake MPLS style, along with the Chain of Rocks (I-270). They are always having to clean up concrete that has just slumped off the center curb off of the rebar like graham cracker crumbs.
Well, filling in the trench seems like a waste when excavation is so expensive. They could use the underground space for transit purposes or an expansion of the Arch museum. If they were to close the highway, they could fill in with geofoam and spread soil on the top. The geofoam would be easy to remove later.

I still think y'all were insane to fill in the Tucker Avenue tunnel. It was perfect for a second light-rail line, since it was originally designed for that purpose. Now the north-south line will have to run in the streets, which won't be very fun when there's a Cards game letting out.