View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 10:19 PM

Here's exactly the one shot I was looking for that lead me to find all the others which once I did decided to post them on here partly because they're about to become historic with the ground breaking for the citys new tallest skyscraper and another ~500ft+ coming on its heels in early 2018. I had been looking for when earlier when I posted. it's a shot of downtown taken from New Center while I wish there was a slightly larger version as it is now the details of a couple of the downtown towers come out in a strange way. But I love the area in the foreground of where it was taken. There's what appears to be a 20's era fire station with new apartments under construction next to what appears to be a wooden row house which is very rare in Detroit, its a really cool little neighborhood I'm guessing its near Henry Ford Hospital though I'm not positive. The other unique feature is how well the western downtown skyline meshes with the midtown skyline from this spot to make it look like a natural continuation of the urban core from other angles all the parking lots have a completely different effect.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/KybN...2I1A3204.0.jpg

It's a pretty standard shot of downtown Detroit and Windsor but with what i believe is the newish Harbor Town apartment building in foreground. I couldn't help admiring how i haven't paid attention to Harbor Town after they cancelled the previous design which included mid-rises and I think possibly high-rises for phase 2 but I really like the way it frames the skyline from the central tower of the Ren Cen to the BCBS building from this angle.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/sites/d...sor_shot_2.jpg

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection

Last edited by Docta_Love; Nov 14, 2017 at 9:15 PM.