View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I don't see where Nelson crosses Broadway. I'm looking at a map. Where do I need to look?
Watson, not Nelson. My bad.

Quote:
No it wouldn't. You don't have to stop running buses just because you start running trams. You're allowed to run them both on the same street at once.
But then you're looking at higher operating costs, whereas the plans for rail involve replacing buses with rail to cut operating costs (and a full SkyTrain extension has the greatest reduction).

Quote:
You know how 3-door buses have faster loading and unloading than 2-door buses? An 8 door streetcar is faster still. It would still be expected to have some bunching problems, but they wouldn't be as bad. There would be some improvement, at least at the margins.
The 99-B already has all-door boarding. Yeah, it could be a 4-door bus instead of a 3-door bus, but mixed traffic introduces its own bunching problems. The really high-frequency light rail lines aren't in mixed traffic, but are in transit malls with signal priority (which the 99-B doesn't seem to have for an inexplicable reason) or in dedicated ROWs.