View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 9:19 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
no, i did not miss your point, you still seem to be missing your own point.

my comments were not about "a patio". i simply used the example of patios - which are private spaces - to point out how private spaces can address public needs.

my references to public spaces was not to a patio. the two quoted examples noted were to "parks" and "squares", not to patios. and when i noted that i happily support investment in public spaces, rest assured that includes "our park spaces, our blvds, our care, attention and investment in squares, fountains, places for anyone and everyone".

as for your "the only crap here is how little most people seem to care about this city, its spaces and its potential", i again take offense at your presumption and your judgement that most people don't care about this city, its spaces and it's potential just because they don't agree with you whether or not you choose to include me in that most. because that's what's crap.

as i noted previously, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions and you are entitled to and capable of defending them. that's not what's being questioned here. again. what's being questioned here are the assumptions and judgements you make about others based simply on how they align themselves with your opinions facts be damned.
Ken, you and I align on most things with and while our approach might be a bit different, at heart I think we want similar things to occur (continue and new) with this city.

My issue is to ensure that we continue to work on improving our public spaces, specifically those places such as squares, urban parks, blvds and gathering places to make city living and higher density living more viable, more popular and more interesting.

We need to experience Edmonton as if we are visitors more often and more frequently.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers