View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2010, 7:24 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Claimore View Post
Lawrence is in the MSA for statistical purposes, but few people around here would consider it part of the "metro area." Lawrence County is there because of geographical reasons: the city of Decatur is practically across the county line.
I don't think it's only because of the geographical issue. I mean, more than 25% of their workforce commutes to the city, but it's more than that too. At Decatur High School alone, I remember, we had 3 or 4 that lived in Moulton and commuted to Decatur every day. Not only that, but we had A LOT of students commute to Decatur High every day from areas east of Moulton.

Obviously, Lawrence County isn't exactly part of the urban area of Decatur, but the city's industry gets a large sum of it's employees from it.

I think jmanhsv is right, I haven't looked at the definitions, but what he said seems to be correct. Cause, I know that the county that Fort Worth, TX is in, not even 25% of its workers commute to Dallas County.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State