View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 6:07 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Super-South Congress is such a wild place . . . lots of nodes of stuff, but also lots of open space. If I was an apartment builder/speculator, I'd for sure focus on that corridor.
Congress between St. Elmo and William Cannon is gonna pop off in the next 15 years. The area has been one of the longest to stay under-developed in Austin for reasons that make some sense.

Lots of scrap yards and industrial sites to the North, and once you start getting near Dove Springs/William Cannon area it historically had crime issues.

But that's obviously going to change. Its one of the weird final hold-outs of near-downtown that just hasn't redeveloped despite being surrounded by higher-end development on 3 sides and I35 on the 4th.

It's weird because those apartments went in over at Penn Field like 15 years ago and then basically nothing else at all on Congress South of Oltorf. I guess Crux is pretty nice and there are a few other things. If the St. Elmos market and accompanying condos happen it could be a big catalyst for the area to become a destination.