View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I've been having difficulty typing my posts and I think it might have something to do with that annoying video ad (in the center, at the bottom) that keeps loading....and loading...and loading...and loading.

Is there anyway to block the damn ad? -like shut off 'shockwave' or whatever it's call?
I've warded off some such problems by making it so that Flash player does not load automatically when arriving at a site or page; instead, I get a system pop-up which asks me if I want it (Flash) to run (in other words, I've enabled "click to play"). Here's how:

http://www.howtogeek.com/188059/how-...y-web-browser/

To which I'd like to add: Hi, all--this is my first post, though I've long been an occasional reader. Some of you may know of me from my site "A Visit to Old Los Angeles and Environs," and/or similar. Attempts to join or log in to this forum had been futile for years (!) until magically all went well a week or so ago; so here I am. My focus era is rather earlier than yours; but perhaps now and then I can offer some stray bit of information.