View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 12:55 AM
Fourth and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
Yep. Good Man, Mark.
I sometimes see Mathew or Mathieu, but this is the first time I've seen Mark. It doesn't change how I view the movie. I worked on independent films and music videos a few years back, when a friend asked me to try it (I became known for an interesting audio clip this friend liked). I was a post production artist and was often the person trying to correct the mistakes, which included everything from a lens hood used indoors to airplanes in the audio. I also once had to remove a company name from boxes. It was hard work, but also fun.

I see where the wrap-around porch was attached in the last photograph and the side doors, with nothing below them. I think the dates are correct. Electricity back then was lights and they weren't very bright (didn't draw much current). A coffered ceiling in a nice Victorian home could have several bulbs as part of the decoration. It would take a ceiling of bulbs to light the room. As electric appliances became popular, electric companies ran ads telling people to update their wiring. Lights would often dim, as appliances draw more current than the wiring was designed for, and I'm sure you can find some of the ads around.