View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2015, 11:54 PM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
^ since sales tax revenues have returned to projected levels after the big dip during the recession, i wonder when we'll get the healdsburg extension. that's one i can't wait for. walk down to the ferry building -> jump on a ferry to larkspur -> ride the train up to healdsburg. would be a dream if then there was some sort of train along dry creek road, but uber/lyft will suffice in the meantime. you could do a full day and night up there, stay over and then head to santa rosa for the day on the train down, before returning to larkspur for the ferry. amazing!
I work in Healdsburg, so yes, I agree a SMART connection would be awesome! I'm sure there will be buses/shuttles from the station to the wineries. I remember seeing the estimated costs to extend the line North, but I can't find it right now. I want to say it's about ~$30 something million to Windsor, ~$50 million from Windsor to Healdsburg, and another $100+ million on to Cloverdale. I could be wrong though. Windsor is a high priority both because it's close, and it's also actually projected to be the busiest station. Cloverdale, being that's it's so far and very small, may have to wait a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
A SMART connection to Larkspur Landing and the ferry terminal is crucial to the region's public transportation network.
I agree! Connecting different modes is always crucial!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.