Thread: Windsor talk
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 28, 2014, 6:02 AM

Hi there, Windsorites. I may have an opportunity to move to your city in mid-2015, and so far I quite like what I've seen of Windsor and the surrounding area. However I do have one major concern, and that is air quality - I know Windsor's air is among the worst in the country and I'm wondering just how bad it really is. Is it really that much worse than Toronto and Montreal (or other big cities like LA and New York)?

From the bit of research I've done, I'm under the impression that it seems to have spikes of particularly bad air at times (mostly in the summer) rather than being consistently bad year round on a day-to-day basis. Would that be an accurate assesment of the situation or am I wrong here?

And have you or others you know suffered negative health effects due to the air quality, and overall would you say Windsor's reputation for that is warranted? Thanks for any feedback on the issue. I'm a fairly health conscious person and having lived most of my life in Saskatoon and Vancouver I haven't had to think about air quality that much so this is a bit new to me.