View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Tucson's boxed in to the north (Foothills), northwest (Marana, Oro Valley), kind of in the west (mountains), the southwest (Tribal land) and kind of in the east (mountains again, though there is more room out there before the Rincons), but in the south, especially the southeast, there is tons of room. Heck, there's like 50 square miles within the city limits, some of of it south of I-10 in the southeast and some in north of I-10 (Rita Ranch area out by Houghton), that doesn't have much, if anything, built on it. I remember when I first moved here I was driving in on I-10 from the east and I got to a sign that said Tucson City Limits. I couldn't see a building anywhere and didn't see one for 10 minutes. There's even areas surrounded by the city south of I-10 (west of Wilmot/east of TIA) that has very little built on it - prime annexation area for the city). Even beyond that land in the city limits that's not built on there's tons of open land around it. The southeast is going to be a major growth corridor. Hopefully Vail incorporates, but there's still land out there to be had. The city limits go down to basically Sahaurita and Green Valley (and it would be nice to see them incorporate too). The northwest (Marana especially) and the southeast are where you're going to see the major growth in the metro area the next couple decades.
Yeah, I would love to see those unincorporated areas incorporated. As for the areas south of the city/I-10 , I hope the city designate that area for industrial or business used only. Tucson needs more business. The thought of building more bland corporate made suburbs bothers me. When someone mentions to me 'This is the west. We need our space' , I feel like #@?@!!! (use your imagination).