View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Makes sense. I think Tucson is boxed in itself. It's probably only a matter of (short) time before more 20+ floor buildings gets built downtown. I think there's a demand for new good quality temp housing in Tucson since Tucson is filled with crappy apts. I've read those new student housing at 22nd st/Park Ave. are fully leased already. The District at 4th ave. was fully leased way before it was even finished.

It would be neat add those solar roadway all over AZ especially in Tucson when it's always freak'in dark. Solar panels are getting cheaper too with more energy packed in. I've read Toyota adding a solar roof to power a car's A/C and even help recharged an electric vehicle...google 'toyota solar roof' .
Tucson's boxed in to the north (Foothills), northwest (Marana, Oro Valley), kind of in the west (mountains), the southwest (Tribal land) and kind of in the east (mountains again, though there is more room out there before the Rincons), but in the south, especially the southeast, there is tons of room. Heck, there's like 50 square miles within the city limits, some of of it south of I-10 in the southeast and some in north of I-10 (Rita Ranch area out by Houghton), that doesn't have much, if anything, built on it. I remember when I first moved here I was driving in on I-10 from the east and I got to a sign that said Tucson City Limits. I couldn't see a building anywhere and didn't see one for 10 minutes. There's even areas surrounded by the city south of I-10 (west of Wilmot/east of TIA) that has very little built on it - prime annexation area for the city). Even beyond that land in the city limits that's not built on there's tons of open land around it. The southeast is going to be a major growth corridor. Hopefully Vail incorporates, but there's still land out there to be had. The city limits go down to basically Sahaurita and Green Valley (and it would be nice to see them incorporate too). The northwest (Marana especially) and the southeast are where you're going to see the major growth in the metro area the next couple decades.