View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 6:58 AM
New Yorker for life

^ Guess I should have gone to take a look tonight. I've been waiting to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Looks so out of place. Even in person. The skinniness makes it so awkward and the dramatic height even more so. Stands out like an NBA player at a midget convention. Bottom line: not crazy about this thing but imagine the views from it will be amazing.

The views will be great, which is one of the reasons its so tall - the prices they can get for those units.

But if you're concerned about it being so much taller than the rest of the towers, stay tuned. I remember when One57 looked like a dominant tower over Central Park. But since the arrival of 432, its just another filler. When other towers, currently in various phases of "construction" get built, 432 will be just one of a group of towers dominating, its own dominance diminished.

A few more photos, some older than others...

Erica Mengouchian

RickyCacioppo

Eise Pulles

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Dec 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM.