View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
I do not believe the RM's have any input to the Perimeter HWY, if it were on the other side of the floodway, maybe. But this was suppose to be done 3 years ago, thus why we had a detour, which is still their in place to they could build an over pass. The Rail line is the same Rail line that would be impacted at the Plessis/Dugald junction.

I just see all the growth in the newer transcona industrial section on the east side and the houseing growth and wonder why they think Plessis needs it. Ah well not like anything makes sense in this city when it comes to roads.
The Plessis underpass is part of the grand plan to link up the Chief Pegius trail to the south east part of Winnipeg via the still to be built Edward Schreyer Parkway, then connecting on to Regent Ave and Plessis south.

I wonder if we will ever see in our lifetime something done with the CP mainline crossing at Plessis Rd and Gunn RD. The only good thing with this mainline crossing is they are not slowing down to rail yard speeds like I see happen on the CN crossing to the south.