View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottydont View Post
I don't understand any of this. That stretch of road is very run down. The actual road itself is godawful. Any sort of rehab and attention will be a welcomed change. Any property owners on this stretch probably have a lot more to be concerned about regarding value then this road.
I agree it's currently run down and in need of investment, but rebuilding the street surface and streetscape can happen (and should have happened) without the widening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
The widening of Lafayette was inevitable considering they already built an expanded 4 lane road from Ford Rd. to Conshohocken Rd. that is not yet used.

From a trail user perspective, I would have liked the Ford Rd. train crossing eliminated. Washington is used as a cut through and cars don't always realize there is a trail crossing immediately after the train crossing. And the vegetation provides little visibility.
Nothing is inevitible, and just because the street was already widened elsewhere, doesn't mean they should also widen it as it runs along the spine of downtown Norristown. Not a good move & sad to see.

This is not a unique criticism of Norristown, by the way. Many cities are short-sighted about this and repeat the same mistake over and over again.