View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2012, 7:58 AM

Wow, long time no post - I still however have remained a practically daily (multiple times a day, really) reader to this forum for about five years. I just figured that since I know a little info, I'd finally force myself to remember my login and start posting again.

Anyway, Colossus is not being removed and never will be unless it is damaged beyond repair. The coaster itself is too valuable of an icon to the park, always has been. They simply are finishing their last year of maintenance on the ride and are conducting a full repaint before the park reopens next spring.

Now, onto the next roller coaster. Lagoon has stated in the past that they are planning on adding a new major roller coaster in the very near future. Whether that meant 2013 or 2014, no one really knew. That is, up until this year when no preparation was done thus making 2013 look less likely to happen. The site prep that they are doing now is where Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be and it is the speculated position for the major roller coaster of 2014. Rumors that suggest the height of being around 200', at least one inversion, and the biggest/most expensive roller coaster Lagoon has built to date all seem to be very reliable and accurate. I'm just here hoping it's true as it will finally put Lagoon on the map for good. Oh and as far as zoning, Lagoon doesn't have different height restrictions in different areas of their park. Instead, the complaints of noise from the residents of Farmington is really the deciding factor of where Lagoon places their rides (notice how there are no major/noisy rides in pioneer villiage which is next to residential homes?). Lagoon's height restriction is basically no taller than the Rocket currently is (just about 200').