Thread: Pampanga
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2013, 7:23 PM
Capampangan

Food, relaxation and more at Abe's Farm
By Pau Apilado | InFlight – January 14, 2013

Abe’s Farm in Mt. Arayat, Pampanga. Photo by Kai Huang

Pau Apilado finds food the main attraction at Larry Cruz’s Abe’s Farm hideaway at the foothills of Mt. Arayat in Pampanga

Location. Abe’s Farm is the late restaurateur Larry Cruz’s four-room countryside resort at the foothills of Mt. Arayat in Barangay Ayala in Magalang, Pampanga, about an hour's drive from Manila. Larry Cruz started the LJC group of restaurants, now with 11 brands and 17 outlets nationwide, including the famous Cafe Adriatico in Malate, catering to the bohemian and upmarket crowd.

First Impression. I didn’t know what to expect as I walked up the narrow stone steps leading to Abe’s Farm. The main house looked small from out front, like a hobbit’s house from The Lord of the Rings movie set. Once inside I was surprised by the spaciousness of this split-level “hut” made of bamboo, antique wood and adobe.

Read more...