View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 2:29 AM

Drove out to the parkway today:

Girders are going up fast at the Oakwood tunnel. A month ago there were barely any. Now it looks more than halfway done. This will be the widest tunnel spanning highway 401, highway 3 and a ramp from Highway 3 west to 401 west.

The Todd Lane / Cabana tunnel looks almost ready to go. The road on top of it is paved and striped but traffic hasn't yet been diverted on to it. Temporary traffic lights are up at the intersection (covered up). I don't we'll have to wait long for it to open. Once it does Todd Lane and Cabana road will be shifted back to their original alignments and the diversion can be dug out connecting the two trenches. I think this is the last tunnel diversion. After that all the trenches will be connected and digging complete (I think).

I noticed two new overhead signs on Highway 3 west to 401 west at the roundabout and just past Howard Ave. The ramps aren't open of course and the signs are covered up.

They've recently resurfaced the eastbound lanes on Ojibway Parkway leading up to the expressway and now they've shifted traffic onto them so they can resurface the westbound lanes.

The ramp from E.C. Row west to 401 west is paved but not striped. No signage is up yet. E.C. Row West is still down to one lane between Huron Church and Ojibway parkway but the concrete divider is gone since opposing traffic has moved onto the new carriageway. Some landscaping is taking place in the median between E.C. Row west and 401 west.