View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 2:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
What podcast is going to have three hours of content posted at 7am the day after a night game?

What about the day after that?

What about the day after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
TSN1150 obviously isn't all-Ticats all the time, but in season it dominates the conversation. And it's not just the CFL-focused segments, references are made throughout the show to Ticats/other Hamilton things in a way that some Toronto or American show never will. Hell, TSN1150 covered the rest of the CFL more than probably any other station out there. Same goes for the Bulldogs during hockey season.
Radio is a dying medium, this lack of a replacement is a problem for the league.

Quote:
What about college sports? Regular updates on Mac football during their season. "Players of the week" throughout the year based on local college and amateur sports

All of these things are not able to be replicated by very specific podcasts, that at best come out once a week.

Quote:
And for the record, I don't download shit. I buy CD's for my truck, or listen to the radio. If I'm at my computer for work, then I can find podcasts and listen to them - I'm already consuming all that content the CFL offers, so, I gotta spend time downloading a non-existent podcast late at night or early in the morning before my drive.... only to now have a hole in my listening content later in the day?

Don't spin this any other way, this absolutely sucks for the CFL, its fans, college sports, and other local sports.
It's a far bigger issue if the CFL can't generate online content. Podcasting etc isn't a fringe idea. It's dominating growth is radically outstripping radio.

Quote:
As for all that American focused nonsense. The CFL doesn't need to be "a faster spring league alternate to the NFL" It's already a faster, summer+fall alternate to NFL. You know, when it's actual fans want to watch football, not changing its identity to be be non-fans second (more like 4th or fifth) favourite league, if that.
"actual fans" are aging out.