View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 6:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You'd be right there... although the quality of the Westgate development is miles ahead of that proposed condo tower on Rose, Rose was priced in the 300K+ zone and units weren't really moving... and that project is all but dead because of it. I wonder if the research the Westgate developers have done into the market picked up on that project...
The Westgate research seemed to be really superficial. It consisted of knowing that there have been no purpose built residential towers built for the last 30 years, only rehabs, and that theirs would be the tallest ever. I'm not even sure that's correct. Aren't there at least a couple of seniors towers that have been built? I'm not slamming them, just saying the people who were present seemed to know precious little about Regina. They were aware of the downtown plan, but not really fluent about it as they said a few things with respect to that were just wrong. Overall it reminded me of how rock bands grab a local team jersey and learn the mayor's name so they can get some easy applause.

Someone did ask them about the proposed or current Rose street condos and they'd never heard of them specifically. That's when the boss man piped up and said they purposely wanted to avoid doing local research cause they didn't want to be tainted by old established local attitudes. It caught my attention cause the way it was said sounded kind of blunt, and it was also sort of funny that he would say that at a session that was set up under the guise of seeking local input!