Thread: Haunted Canada
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:23 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I heard something like that here in Toronto a day before Dec 12 2012. I don't know how it was made or where it came from and it was scary as hell. Still I think it was said to be part of a worldwide hoax leading up to the End of the World that year.
How could someone produce those sounds as part of a hoax on a global scale? Doctored videos are one thing but I heard it in person. Apparently you did too. I know there was some investigation of something similar done in Winnipeg I think where they claimed it was a street grader dragging its blade on a dry road in winter, but what I heard sounded nothing like that and was not off a main road. The other part was the feeling it gave both me and my wife of intense dread. No normal sound has ever affected me that way before.

Edit: I tried at the time to rationalize it or think of a logical explanation. The ring road was under construction at the time but this was later in the evening. I wondered if some piece of heavy machinery could have made the sound. Ultimately it sounded like nothing I've heard before. Like cosmic wind chimes mixed with stretching metal. Sort of similar to the video I posted but with more chimey sounds.

Last edited by O-tacular; Oct 16, 2019 at 10:50 PM.