View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I'm pretty sure the next phase for Bakery Square is going to be crossing the Busway and beginning to buy buildings and parcels along Hamilton. In all of the most recent renderings and site plans they've shown a pedestrian bridge around Putnam Street, and I know they are still pulling hard for a new Busway station explicitly for Bakery Square - which would be located exactly where the pedestrian bridge is going to be.
Yeah, that's a good call. I forgot about that proposed bus station/transit center plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
How big of a development do you envision exactly? I see street level retail/office with up to 8 or 9 floors of residential use above it. It might be the biggest mixed-use development for East Liberty perhaps...

Per BrianTH's response, yes, I too envision parking along the busway.
I think it would be suited for multiple buildings, and I could definitely envision 8-9 story residential buildings at the back (along the busway/tracks) of the site. And maybe a larger office building along Penn, if an anchor tenant showed interest (like Philips in Bk Sq). I wouldn't rule out a "more urban" shopping plaza either, with large retailers like Staples and Tuesday Morning which are already there, but in a better-designed, more contemporary format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
The Penn Walnut on Highland building (man, they need to rebrand)...
Get it right, man. It's "The Penn at Walnut on Highland"