View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 1:29 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Still vacant: Prime Downtown lot attracts lots of parking, no redevelopment

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/201910160188

Sounds like the owner of this property wanted to develop a more formal surface parking lot on this tract with an indefinite timeframe on which to develop some type of building on it.

The lot which I'd like to see put to better use is the lot across from the city-county building on Grant. Should be a park, not a parking lot. City halls should always sit across from a park/square, in my world.
I certainly see where you're coming from. However, I believe that is the parcel of land that the Developers behind One Oxford Centre were looking to build a Two Oxford Centre but never did. At least a few renderings were posted in these discussions some time back. Heck, if another tall building won't go there, why not convert it into a park or plaza then, especially since it's right across Grant St. from the City-County building?