View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post

Finally, I don't want to start with the union/work regulations stuff but I honestly don't believe that it will take 7 years to complete. Look at the mess at Fulton Center, PATH Terminal, and Moynihan Station Phase 1.
Of course it will - probably even longer. Those organizations are abject disasters. Incompetent, corrupt and completely unwilling to do anything unless it benefits the legions of special interest scumbags who have made a lucrative career out of overpriced and poorly run contracts, or politicians looking to score votes.

I've spent a good amount of time working in Massachusetts politics, home of three speakers of the house (the current guy may very well make #4) in a row who are convicted felons, a notoriously corrupt probation department, a shockingly mismanaged department for human services and of course, the Big Dig which only went ten times over budget (it was supposed to cost 2 billion and ended up costing 20 billion). I can only surmise that the PA and MTA are even worse organizations.