View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritarancher View Post
The new renderings of Hub have slightly change my mind on what I think about it. The brown wall and the edge look AMAZING. I could due without the white wall with the terraces. Not that I have anything against the terraces, its the windows again.

The best rendering IMO is Level and the Courthouse.
The worst rendering is Cadence. BUT I do not mind it it's just not as good as the rest.
The best aging building IMO is going to be Level or the district on 5th. If the main gate hotel gets built, that rendering we've all seen is probably going to look good.
The worst aging. Park Avenue? I need to see more renderings to make a decision.
My biggest excitement was the Streetcar
My biggest disappointment was the Cadence's height being shortened for NO GOOD REASON!!!!
IN 10 years I want to look at downtown and know that Tucson has changed since 1980. I don't want to become like Albany, Buffalo or Minneapolis. Have you seen those skylines? They look like you went back in time to the 60s and 70s!! I want to be more like Austin, Texas. They're also a strongly democratic city. They've got new skyscrapers in mass amounts. Most of the tallest buildings there have been build within the last five years. I want Tucson to keep it's modern edge over other cities. Downtown Tucson is starting to look more modern. At least our downtown looks more modern than Phoenix. What's their newest tower, that GOD AWFUL Sheraton? It's hard to tell that you are in 2013 looking at downtown Phoenix.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I added a new proposed list on the wiki page. If anybody can add pictures that would be much appreciated. Thanks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ings_in_Tucson
EDIT2: I don't want Tucson to be exactly like Austin. I guess North Korea is after them http://michellemalkin.com/2013/03/29...-austin-texas/
The Sheraton? It's obvious that you haven't been keeping up with development in downtown Phoenix. Get back to us when you have.