View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 11:37 PM

Thanks, Hoss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

Maybe someone who uses Flickr can help you with the best way to do it, but in the meantime, here's your image. I hope you're planning to post some up-to-date pictures too.

Thanks for your help! You know, I tried the IMG attribute, but it wasn't working for me.

Thanks also for your gracious request to see up-to-date pictures of our house. I was reticent to do that because a Victorian in Pasadena is not terribly Noirish, but I guess a few won't hurt, if the links cooperate.

Here it is looking a bit Noirish, just before the Big Blow took out the pine directly in front of the house. I'd just finished restoring the north side.

Here it is after I'd finished the south side (a huge job) and the middle front dormer.

Here's a detail showing the High Victorian color scheme we're using. Reflections in the surface make the dark red sash look unevenly painted, but I assure you, in real life it looks fabulous. I discovered while working on this dormer evidence of bargeboards in the front dormers, but of course we'll have to get approval from the Cultural Heritage Commission before we replace them.

At this writing, I'm working on the north front dormer, although work has been stalled while I recover from a bad bout of tendinitis.

I have a blog on which I discuss the restoration work in detail: http://ocriblecoblis.blogspot.com. I haven't posted there in a while, because I haven't been working on the house, but I will be posting again soon; I'm going to be presenting my research findings concerning former residents, and in any event I'll be back painting soon In the meantime, there is some good information therein regarding techniques and procedures, and some swell lolpix. Plus, you can read about my contribution to discography!