View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 5:17 PM
you know where I'll be

^

Folks, office is less than likely for whatever gets built here. Look for residential in some form or even believe it or not hotel or hotel/residential combo (sound familiar?) as the eventual outcome. Also look for a height more compatible with the post-bubble era. Although I suspect many here will hold out hope until the eventual project is actually topped-off, look for something in all probability less than 70 stories and less than 800' (could of course be much, much less)

Yes Mark Goodman (much smaller projects to his credit) envisions a 60-story office tower. I continue to view office as highly unlikely for this site as I don't think you'll get up to the at-minimum 22,000-23,000 sq ft net-rentable area office floor plates that you really need to attract high-rent paying, efficiency-seeking, Class A office tenants for new space in the downtown Chicago market....I could be wrong but it sure seems like a stretch to me.........can anybody tell me what the floor plate area is for the poured 'hotel' floors?