View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 7:01 PM

[QUOTE=ethereal_reality;8302046]Who is Phil LaToska?

I found this rather odd business card last week in an old file of mine. (originally from ebay)

search purposes: Phil LaToska-International Jugglers' Association-IJA-Lane Blumenthal-854 S. Harvard Blvd. Apt. 105 Los Angeles 5 Calif.

First of all, I wouldn't want to live below Apt. 105. (jugglers and tap dancers should NOT live in apartments)

The business card seemed vaguely familiar so I searched the thread.
'Phil LaToska' has only been mentioned once on nla / in a cigar store post back in 2013
[shown below]

#1 Why is Phil LaToska associated with both juggling and cigars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

#2 The only Phil LaToska I could find was a Canadian actor [born in 1882] with only one film credit..'Way Down East' [1935]

original 2013 post Here

__
I find Phil La Tosca listed as a vaudeville act in a book called the Argonaut dated October 21, 1916 where he is performing at the Pantages Theater. he is listed as a comic juggler who " has travelled the world with his juggling specialties." " he appears in comic make-up and performs comic tricks"

He is also listed in the Stanford Theater Playdates for December 10, 1927 as the Jesting Juggler as part of the vaudeville program.

In 1921 he is noted in the Oakland Tribune as having a novelty act which is very entertaining.