View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
It's hard to imagine what this might look like with such a rudimentary sketch-up. The site plan with its weird three-pronged massing looks like a misshapen plug for a 220v outlet.

I know it's early, but they didn't even get the orientation of the two larger (orange) towers correct. Half of the upper left tower faces an existing building. And at least if it were to be oriented along Washington, the street wall would be much more attractive than the parking garage.

Couldn't this be a liner building with parking in the center? I'd rather see a uniform structure on this block with the parking completely hidden. This looks like a 3rd grader put it together.

Hopefully those in charge of the site aren't so desperate as to not have some design input.
I figured it was set up like that to maximize views for each tower. If the tower on Washington is set up along the streetwall, the residents on the west side of the building would basically just have a view into the other tower. Better views make better sales, no?

But yea, originally I was expecting a linear building as well. Hopefully lining the streetwall on all sides similar to Statler. Though I'm much less concerned about a hidden parking garage since pretty much every residential high rise and Detroit doesn't have a hidden parking garage.

Last edited by animatedmartian; Jan 31, 2014 at 1:09 AM.