View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2013, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasUrantia View Post
We have seen this fire before. I believe the Car Show was relocated to the Shrine Exhibition Hall, that we see in these photos. The trucks were eliminated due to lack of floor space and of course there were no custom cars as they had all burned to a crisp. A lot of nice cars went up in smoke that day. The city fathers considered an ordnance banning car shows in 'tents'. I second that motion.
The source notes may be misleading. I took them to mean that the pictured cars were destroyed after the photos were taken. I have seen other images and notes of the same gist, although it is possible these notes are incorrect. Some showrooms are permanent structures, others are not so permanent.

It makes sense that the next show would have been relocated, but are you saying that the promoters/dealers went on with the same '29 show? No short term supply?

Lapl

Quote:
Car being taken inside of the building to be in an automobile show of new cars. Shortly after these pictures were taken the showroom burned down causing the destruction of all the vehicles, 1929.
Lapl