View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
You're talking about something that largely becomes irrelevant a few generations after it occurs. We can't predict future immigration patterns and there is no reason to think these trends will occur. And again you're playing with averages in a way that makes no sense. Countries are not monolithic. People are repeatedly trying to skirt the fact there is more difference between Minnesota and California than there is between Minnesota and east of Ottawa.

I live in London and day to day I meet far more Latinos than any other group of people, when I lived in Toronto I knew tonnes of Italians and Germans, and when I am in BC it is quite obviously cascadia.
except they don't, there is a deal of assimilation yes but for the most part someones roots stick with them and greatly colour the way they see the world.

as for latino and black influences? In the us they are HUGE influences. The uS has far more cultural influences from black and latino cultures than Canada does which skews the US quite a degree differently. In contrast first nations peoples and cultures are far more dominant here in Canada.

as for Vancouver being cascadia? I don't see it, other than the environment of the area, BC is quite a degree different from washington state. Vancouver is demographically vastly different from seattle due to the huge influence of asian populations here that are lacking in seattle.

BC is also more conservative than washington state is and in BC urbanization and urban planning is far more influences by asia then seattle is.

The uS side of the pacific northwest does have a lot of similarities with us but it's way overaggerated mainly by a subsect of young white people that either used to believe in the cascadia movement or still do.

I notice a difference between BC and washington even when only visiting bellingham.

In General Canada is a more conservative and reserved country then the united states is.