View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngreenlee View Post
Do you have a recommendation for the best place to watch from?
If you go to the end of Golf Course Rd, west off 71 just passed the east airport exit, if I remember correctly, there is a viewing area with paved parking and picnic tables near the 9000 foot runway. Best times are after 6am to around 10:30, for a few hours after noon, and then anytime after 7. Its a really cool vantage point where you can sometimes see simultaneous landings and takeoffs between the 2 runways, but you will miss the planes on the ground using the long runway. I like to catch the evening coming and goings, less highway traffic, less small aircraft like single engine, and you can see the stacked line of lights from incoming aircraft, up to 6 on a clear night. I haven't been there in years but I imagine its still there unless it's been removed for expansion projects. Perhaps austin1971 can verify this. I wouldn't mind going back especially now that the weather is cooler. They built this area to discourage parking and viewing along the road or private property which is dangerous and can get you ticketed by APD.

Last edited by the Genral; Nov 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM.