View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 5:27 PM

A former trolley line could become a walking and biking trail from the Palisades to G

I’ve helped coordinate with Brett Young, who is leading the coalition to get this trail built. If you’re interested in supporting the Glen Echo trolley multi-use trail, email me and I will forward your email address to Brett. This would be a great opportunity to provide a sustainable transportation option to a part of DC that has limited transit service.

A former trolley line could become a walking and biking trail from the Palisades to Georgetown

By Brett Young
June 4, 2014
Greater Greater Washington

"During DC's streetcar era, the Glen Echo line ran from Georgetown to Glen Echo Park along a path through the Palisades. But for 52 years, this land has lain dormant. It could turn into a trail to get people on foot and bike between these neighborhoods.

Image courtesy of Greater Greater Washington.

The right-of-way is 3.11 miles from Georgetown to Galena Road in the Palisades, which is one block north of the Palisades Recreation Center. The District government owns the part west of Foxhall Road, in the map below. Pepco currently uses the land to access utility poles. Some residents use it for jogging, walking, or pet exercise..."

http://greatergreaterwashington.org/...to-georgetown/