View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2009, 7:40 PM

Wow, it's been too long since I've checked in at this forum (have had to deal with that dubiously beneficial and breathtakingly annoying "life" stuff) and I have to say, you guys are nuts. I mean, in the good way, I am after all among you. There's so much I want/need to comment on, I don't know where to start.

I liked the stuff some weeks ago about the Hotel Clark, for some reason I have a Hotel Clark fetish, and this being The Season, I'll direct you to something holiday-related I wrote here.

Oh, and I was elated to hear mention of Shockproof, as mentioned also here -- I've been collecting Bunker Hill movies and so far (I still have about seven to get through) the big winners are:
-- the remake of M: the opening with Angels Flight, the Foss/Heindel at 9:21, the 3rd and Bunker Hill bench at 31:05, the Nugent at 38:26, Hope Street at 48:03, and the tunnel chase at 49:22
Kiss Me Deadly: Third Street stairs at 27:30, the "Castle" (325 S Bunker Hill) at 29:26, Angels Flight at 55:45 and the Hillcrest right after that
The whole frickin' movie Angel's Flight
The Turning Point and Cry Danger are also primo Bunker Hill. So are Criss Cross and Indestructible Man. And noir as noir gets (Ok, Indestructible Man is less noir than, what, monster? Lon Chaney Jr. pulls a Vampira and says "I know, I'll play the part mute!" Yes, the script is that bad. However, also real cool shots of Main St, specifically the bump n grind house that was the New Follies at 548.) About 39 minutes in is where the Bunker Hill begins.

Though The Unfaithful has amazing shots of the Elmar on Hope at 1:10:33, it's a moralistic little film, and creeps me out, and about fifteen years later The Money Trap, boy, that's a predictable, dull picture, but nice shots of the Brousseau ...and some good Angels Flight action...

...plus all and sundry should buy the new 2-disc set of The Exiles, cool film, great extra features too.

Ok, more when I can get away. God bless us, everyone!