View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 9:56 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

In GP, don't forget that there's a $250-300 million hospital to go up in the city's NW side at 132 Ave and 108 St. If there was a rendering for it, I'd post a pic of it, but...

I also want to show three possible redevelopment proposals for Germaine Park, which was a small park in downtown GP.

Anybody who's lived in GP long enough will realize that Germaine park has long been a hangout for local addicts, drunks, bums and other creeps, partly because the city put up grooved concrete "barriers" with plants on top and also that it sat between two buildings and backed out on to an alley. The park's now been demolished, and they want something to go up there. Across the street, the York Hotel, just east of 214 Place (GP's tallest), is slated to be demolished soon, though no date's been set.

A library and aquatic/rec centre is proposed for downtown GP, at a large empty lot west of 99 St and north of 101 Ave. That was the site of a junior high school built in the 1960s, but it was demolished in the late 1990s, I think.