View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
you're not crazy. People in this city are generally miserable, and don't appreciate what they have.

I left nova scotia 10 years ago for university in fredericton. Six months later realized fredericton wasn't for me, and transferred to unbsj to complete my degree, and it was the best decision i made. Now 10 years later, i've recently found out that people i graduated with from nova scotia also live here. They are engineers, teachers, nurses, lawyers, and others - just to name a few. They all love it to. But if sj is dying with everybody leaving, and everybody is so poor, how can this be?

I actually find it quite offensive when people simply spew off that the majority of us are all so poor. Perhaps i just run in a different circle than others who seem to throw this city under the bus, and complain on social media sites, or even this forum. However, everybody i know seem to do quite well, and enjoy living here, and have actually made the choice to choose to make new brunswick their home, and specifically saint john. *end rant*
ditto!