View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 3:51 AM
Never Dell

They recently filed a request to add four floors (allowed by recent upzone) and reduce one parking floor, as a revision to the existing land use permit. There have been multiple descriptions and I don't know which is right...but I'm guessing it's back over 1,000 units. Parking might be down to around 600 spaces. It also has three levels of retail, which sounds like large-format stores like potentially a supermarket.

A lot of jobs reduce their parking as construction approaches. They get land use permits for the most they might need, because reducing is far easier than adding in the permit process. The 2014 Fairview tower just cut a floor also. Onni's twin towers did it too. And others. Of course, reliable cost info is only available toward the start of construction, so some is probably a reaction to sub bids or market conditions.

I don't know how long the LUP revision will take, or what hurdles come with it. They can presumably revise the shoring permit application fairly quickly, which is really what drives a construction start.