View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 6:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Austin based PageSoutherlandPage won the competition for the medical school.

PageSoutherlandPage has worked on a ton of buildings in Austin. They did 300 West Sixth, Austin City Lofts, AMLI on 2nd and the Silcon Labs and CSC Buildings flanking the city hall.

They also have offices in Washington D.C. and have done a lot of buildings there. Washington D.C. of course is one of the most urban cities in the country so we could see some of that style and design come to the medical school campus.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...ns-ut-med.html
I like PSP's work a lot. They did the Austin Airport among many, many other projects. They have actually not done much in the way of building projects in Washington DC based on a look at their portfolio. I suspect they opened the DC office because they are doing a boatload of work for the US State Department designing new embassies, redesigning existing US embassies, and upgrading security at these embassies. Obviously they need to produce this work in a DC office in order to consult regularly with the State Dept. I imagine in the long run they will become a major provider of designs for DC area buildings. I think they will produce some decent buildings for the new medical school campus.