View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
what about some of the nice innovative architecture in neihu and hsinchu science park?
Nangang is also good, for example China Trust Bank Heaqarters.
Taichung, Kaoshiung also have beautiful buildings in these few years.
==========================================================

For me as Taiwanese,I think the real problem is many unique projects in Taiwan are designed by international architectures. This is the thing we need to learn and improve.

New Panchiao district doesn't have any projects designed by international architectures. And most of them are residentail buildings. I don't think developers will spend a lot of money to employ international architecture with low housing price. (It is in Taipei County and our government is trying to stem the housing price right now.) Therefore, it looks so normal and ugly compare with other new districts in Taiwan even other countries.

How to improve it? Make Taiwanese architeture cooperate with international architecture is a good way, that is what our government doing right now. More and more projects are going for international competition, and our government is asking these international winner must cooperate with local architectures. And more international architecture invite by government or public to give lesson for our young generation.

=========================================================
Actually another thing I am very interesting as I look so many residentail projects around the world, especially in Aisa. If the projects is go for middle class or general family, do we see a lot of well-design buildings? No! And most residentail buildings are designed by local architectures, and these people usually are not the one we normally see in international projects in Dubai or China.
Just like Hong Kong, does you see any beautiful buildings design by local architecture? I will say no unless it is luxurious apartment or huge commercial developments.

I feel that only rich people can live or own these buildings ....
However, it is not the thing we are discussing in this thread.